Intensive Family Support Services (IFSS)
About the Service
- Intensive Family Support Services is designed to support families who are in crisis and need intensive support for children to safely reside in the home.
- This service offers higher level of support to families who are at high risk of having their children removed from the home. Focuses on goals that alleviate safety concerns and address barriers contributing to safety concerns.
- The program also focuses on parenting support in the home
- Families who have substantiated or unsubstantiated case of abuse/neglect from CYFD (Children’s Youth & Families Department)
- Internal cases of FSS for families who need longer/higher level of care
Duration and Referral process
- IFSS will be up to 9 months
- Referrals will only come from CYFD
- If safety plan states Safe with a Plan we will need copy of safety plan with referral